ALT Positions nationwide. ¥2.4~¥2.7 mil/yr base salary + generous allowances for location. Apply Today for 2021 Spring starts!
Salary: From 2.4 to 2.7 million JPY annually for 12-month contracts (April starts)
Location: All across Japan
Interac Group, Japan's largest private provider of assistant language teachers (ALTs) with over 3,200 teaching employees, is seeking applications from dedicated, professional, motivated, and outgoing people looking to make teaching English in Japan the next stop on their career paths. Interac's ALTs enrich the lives of children by sharing their knowledge of English, building communication skills, and sharing cultural insights. Your job would be two-fold: a language instructor and cultural ambassador. These two aspects are inseparable, and Interac's ALTs aim to become experts in both. Entrusted with being the English expert in the classroom, you could expect to teach on your own, with a Japanese teacher present to help manage the classroom.
While most positions start in March or August of each year (in sync with the Japanese public school calendar), everyone is welcome to apply to be considered for any number of positions at one of Interac’s 15 regional branches around the country.
Simply complete your profile on this site and apply to this job posting. We will take it from there!
As an ALT you can expect to:
* Start things off right with an intensive (paid!) initial training and orientation session
* Work in an elementary, junior, or senior high school planning and teaching English as a second language
* Attend on-going skills development and training programs
* Become an important part of your school and local community by participating in festivals, events, and other activities
* Take advantage of Interac’s Career Navigation Program (CNP) and build portable skills you can leverage in the classroom or take with you into a potential staff position like a recruiter, headteacher, trainer, or even office staff
* Have comprehensive support in securing the proper visa, housing, transportation, and other arrangements to help ensure a smooth transition to your new life in Japan.
* Salary range of 2.4 to 2.7 million JPY annually for 12-month contracts (April starts)
* 1-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
* Work Mondays to Fridays with scheduled teaching hours between 8 am and 5 pm (there will be a few times a year when schools will have special evenings or weekend events)
* 10 paid holidays a year (5 planned) with breaks during the summer and winter school holidays
Successful candidates will be required to:
* Be a university graduate with at least a bachelor’s degree (in any subject) at least 4 months prior to arrival (still, you can apply at any time)
* Can evidence having at least 12 years of education where the language of instruction in all courses was English
* Professional in all aspects of behavior, a team-player, flexible, cheerful, and energetic
* Provide proof of OEC or OEC exemption (Philippine nationals)
|Deadline||October 25, 2021|
|Experience Level||Entry Level|
|Apply||Apply by Website|
|Job Posted At||Oct 25, 2020|