Amazon, one of the top 100 companies in the United States, has an immediate opening for an IT Manager in one of our Japan Fulfillment Centers. Fulfillment Centers throughout Japan handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate must have demonstrable leadership skills in a fast-paced environment. She/he will coordinate training, manage resources, and direct the efforts of world-class staff. Candidate must be forward-thinking with a high degree of customer service focus and excellent communication skills. The IT manager serves as the liaison between the infrastructure and general operations of the facility. Amazon IT Managers are expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
· 5+ years of people managing experience
· Experience working with operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
· Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Technical expertise in one or more IT related fields including networking, Linux administration, Microsoft administration, and/or Cisco network configuration and management
· Understanding of core internet technologies - DHCP, DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP.
· Bachelor's Degree required
· Willingness to work flexible schedule as necessary
· Project management skills
· Native level communication skill in Japanese
· Business level communication skill in English (TOEIC: 650+)
· Ability to travel up to 10 to 20%
· 5+ years’ experience managing managers
· Motivates others by creating a climate in which people want to do their best
· Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits
· Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted
· Availability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity, and use good judgment in stressful situations.
· Must be biased for action, innovative, and able to dive into the deepest details.
· MBA or Master’s Degree in a technical discipline
· Service Delivery and Service Level Management experience.
· ITIL and Prince2 certifications.
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement global IT changes.
· Excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a proven willingness to learn and apply new technology.
· Experience in working with a distributed team of peers, delivering both locally and across the wider team.
· Native Level English speaking skill
Monthly basic salary: 647,400 yen or more (annual salary is paid in 12 divisions) The monthly basic salary includes overtime allowance, midnight work allowance, and legal holiday work allowance (fixed overtime pay) equivalent to overtime allowance of 70 hours per month. It has been. However, extra wages for overtime allowances exceeding 70 hours, late-night work allowances, and legal holiday work allowances (fixed overtime pay) will be paid additionally. If the monthly basic salary is 647,400 yen, the fixed overtime pay is 228,879 yen and the main salary excluding the fixed overtime pay is 418,521 yen. * Final decision after an interview, taking into consideration ability, qualifications, career, experience, etc.