Epion is part of the extensive Mabuchi Education Group of preparatory schools in Japan. The Mabuchi Education Group is a large chain of 'jukus' in Japan. A juku is a type of Japanese 'cram school' where students can take classes beyond regular school requirements. Many students attend jukus in Japan, usually starting from some point in elementary school and continuing through junior high and high school. They attend these schools to study various subjects, increase their knowledge and improve their scores on Japan's rigorous junior high school, high school, and college entrance exams. The Mabuchi juku in particular is highly regarded for its academic standards and entrance requirements.
At Epion we offer a comfortable work environment, a competitive salary, extensive benefits, and an academic-focused curriculum. We hope you will become a part of our colorful, spirited team.
Epion offers a comfortable working atmosphere. All teachers and staff members know one another. We work together as a team and socialize together as friends. Our culture of learning is one of the rewarding aspects of working here.
Epion offers a wide array of benefits to its teaching staff. Click on the links below to read more about our extensive benefits.
- Job Description:
- Planning original lessons customized to the needs of each of your classes, according to Mabuchi Academic School’s curriculum
- Conducting lessons that are both entertaining and informative each week
- Taking a genuine interest in the development of our students over the course of the school year
- Participating in the planning and execution of seasonal events such as Halloween, Christmas, and Summer Festivals
- Attending Training Days to collaborate with the rest of the team in order to refine curriculum, plan events, and continue to develop your teaching skills
Candidates with the following attributes will be given top consideration:
- Must have been raised in a country whose main language is English
- Must currently live in or near Osaka; branch schools are in northwest Osaka
- Must currently possess a valid visa with work permission (sponsorship for renewing is available after hiring)
- All candidates must be available to work on Saturday.
Working Hours, Salary, and Training information:Successful candidates are generally given at least two weeks of training. Training is a combination of classroom work learning about the concepts behind creating top quality lessons and getting hands on experience under the guidance of veteran teachers. Training is paid at 850 yen per hour.After training, you will be assigned to work at specific branches where you will continue to teach the same group of classes week after week. Different days will be in different locations. Please check our website to see where our schools are located.Monday through Friday shifts is from 3:15 pm to 8:45 pm.Saturdays are from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, with 60 minutes of break.(Working hours will change depending on the location where you are assigned)
- Genuinely loves kids
- Has experience working with kids
- Has a 4 year degree from an accredited university
- Planning on a career in teaching
- Is positive, easy going, flexible, but also motivated to work hard and be the best they can be as a teacher
- Has a creative mind, with interests including drawing, music, writing, theater, etc
- Understands and accepts cultural differences in working with Japanese staff and management
- Has academic qualifications such as CELTA or TEFL certification
Starting teachers will be paid 10,000 yen per day worked. After a 3 month probationary period, Saturday pay will raise to 13,000 yen per day for teachers with satisfactory evaluations.
Transportation fees are fully covered by the company up to 55,000 yen per month. Teachers who have proven themselves to be committed, hard working, and have excellent performance evaluations can earn full-time status with benefits.
|Deadline||July 21, 2020|
|Experience Level||Entry Level|
|Company||Mabuchi Academic School (馬渕教室)|
Apply by Website
Apply by E-mail
Epion accepts applications via e-mail and fax. An application should include both a brief cover letter and a CV/résumé. since many candidates apply,we recommend you attach a recent photo to help your
|Job Posted At||Jul 21, 2020|