We are looking for an experienced system engineer, who will play a dual role in the NVIDIA Enterprise Experience (NVEX) team. In this role, we are looking for someone who is highly technical who can triage customer software issues and resolve customer problems but also someone who can act as a technical account manager with some of the largest customers in Japan maintaining great customer relationships and working with a team to drive resolution of customer issues.
On this highly technical engineering enterprise support team, you will not only be providing critical support to NVIDIA’s enterprise customers. If you have a real passion for technology, and you are interested in a role that you can make a difference in and contribute at all different levels, this may be a great position for you. This team supports some of NVIDIA’s most groundbreaking technology, like the NVIDIA DGX Platforms and NGC Containers (Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.)
To do an extraordinary job in this role, we will be looking for a dynamic engineer, with a diverse set of skills in system software, as well as containers and K8s, and knowledge of large enterprise server deployments.
We are also looking for someone who has superb interpersonal and communication skills, given you would be working closely with our customers and engineers to understand, explain and resolve issues, and collaborate with the team to build scalable software. Excellence in formal Japanese and a clear understanding of how to work in a professional business environment in Japan is required.
Does this type of role intrigue you? If it does, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Provide direct support to our NVIDIA Enterprise customers and work to answer questions, reproduce, resolve, or escalate customer issues
- Work with a team of support engineers who will provide first level support
- Work as a Technical Account Manager for large Customers in Japan – quickly driving their issues to closure and providing excellent communication and collaboration with them and the other support members
- Track, file new bugs and reproduce customer issues
- Take ownership and drive customer issues from inception to resolution
- Document customer interactions and better enhance our knowledge base
- Actively work with customers and develop internal relationships to bring to bear NVIDIA's internal expertise
- Participate in the creation, maintenance, and versioning of documentation related to enterprise support processes, procedures, and associated guidelines.
- Use and interact with CRM systems and provide metrics and reports in order to better develop close relationships with dedicated customer contacts and learn their requirements and business needs
- Bring independent analysis, communication and problem-solving to customer escalations
What we need to see:
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related
- You'll bring at least 8+ years of computer system experience
- Experience working directly with customers
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Deep understanding of Linux
- Good understanding and experience with virtual systems (for example VMware, KVM, or Citrix)
- Good understanding of containers and K8s
- Professional-level communication skills in formal Japanese, including the ability to adjust communication to the technical level of the audience, and stay calm and focused in negative situations
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills, with a passion or love for solving problems
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Programming experience
- Driver experience (Linux, Windows)
- Any exposure to system level debug and triaging experience
- Experience supporting professional graphics solutions, deep learning or desktop virtualization
- CRM experience (ticketing, knowledgebase, forums)
With highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most intelligent and talented people on the planet working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our world-class engineering teams are expanding fast. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a genuine passion for technology, we want to hear from you.